Sunday, January 6, 2013

"Your Grace is Sufficient in Weakness"

I think this year will be a year of grace. I have to learn to trust God more and more and rely solely on His grace and not on my own ability and strength. It was always good to preach first up, first Sunday of the year. But less than 48 hours ago, I was struck down by flu. It was so bad that I could not get up whole of Friday and it was Saturday morning that I rose and made myself some breakfast.

I thought to myself that I could not preach in such a condition. My throat was sore, my running nose was watery as ever but in less than 24 hours it was all but clear up. By last night, I was feeling much better, relieved that I did not call the church and reported sick. That would be a let down, especially this church has been good to me, my 3rd or 4th time preaching there in 2 years since Church Camp 2010. My voice was not as clear and smooth as it could be but the grace of God was manifest, though with some difficulty, the message rang out loud and clear. It invoked some discussion after the service, always a good sign that one's sermon has stirred a few hearts. Lord, You have shown me time and time again that You are a timely help. To Thee I called and You heard my voice out of Your holy Temple that Your word may be proclaimed to Your people by an unworthy vessel such as I, your Servant and the son of Your handmaid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment