Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Where You are, there I will be" (John 12)

I wish I could take a vacation without worrying about the papers I have yet to mark. I have been rushing like mad to get the papers graded but alas there are still a few more left on my desk. This morning, wanting a break from my office I took a stack of essays to breakfast. I managed to grade 2 essays while enjoying a croissant at Bukit Timah Plaza. I felt a bit guilty for spending S$10.00 on breakfast after reading Mahatma Gandhi's autobiography that he fasted often and survived on fruits, nuts and vegetables.

The Semester is winding down despite a few more papers to grade. By end of the week, I will begin preparing for my Romans' elective in earnest. I am bringing Talbert's commentary with me to Sabah.

By the grace of God, I feel fully settled now in Singapore, but I dare not feel too comfortable. Just last time when I thought I was happily settled into my pastorate and my new home in KK, in less than a year the Lord began to stir and I left Sabah for Singapore. And it's been 5 years, like a flash. As for me, I am ready, Lord for I and my family will serve the Lord. Whether it be in KL, or KK or Singapore, I shall be there where You are, Lord. Only show to me and lead me where Thou would want me to go and I shall obey, by Your grace.

I am excited about taking one month's break from preaching. I preached last Sunday, the last sermon of the Semester in the same church I preached in the first Sunday of 2013 and I won't be preaching again until the 23rd June in Singapore and also 30th June in Kuala Lumpur. Interestingly, the church I preached at last Sunday invited me as their Church Camp speaker for June 2014 and the chairperson suggested that it could be in Sabah. How wonderful that would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment