Friday, August 23, 2013

Preparing to Lead Worship

God willing, I shall be leading worship at the College Chapel on a Monday service next month. For 20 minutes of worship and intercession, I have waited on the Lord in the past couple of days for several hours, worshipping and praying what songs I should propose to sing and how to structure the order of worship within a 35-minute service (sermon takes 15 minutes).

So I have decided to sing only 2 songs, one song before the sermon and another song after the sermon and I think I will have about 7 minutes to pray (2 minutes sharing about the prayer items and 5 minutes of actual praying). Then that will be it. There will be more waiting on the Lord even as Paul says, "Eyes have not seen nor hearts perceived what God has prepared for those who wait on Him and love Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment