Sunday, September 29, 2013

Methodist Month

After my 33-minute sermon on "Godliness is Great Gain", I conducted a Bible Study on the topic, "Divine Guidance." I was pleasantly surprised that three-quarters of the 50-strong congregation stayed back for the seminar. I spoke for 55 minutes and took questions for 20 minutes and we ended at 12:30pm sharp. Among those present were at least 25 young people, something heartening to see. And most questions came from them. This is my 6 th year since Sept 2008, speaking at this little flock, a preaching point of a larger Methodist church.
Today was the fourth week in a row that I spoke at a Methodist church. When I started on 8th Sept, I told the Methodist church that September would be Methodist month for me. Out of the 30 English-speaking Methodist churches in Singapore, I had spoken in more than 10 and in two weeks' time I shall be speaking in another Methodist church. My preaching season has not ended with my 11th sermon in 3 weeks. On Tuesday I shall be speaking in the Year 3 class group and then a week's rest before preaching in a Brethren church in the East Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment