Thursday, December 5, 2013

7 days at the Watch-tower

The prophet Habakkuk tells us that he stood on a tower waiting to see what the Lord would say to him. It is rare that I have the opportunity in the past 7 days to wait on the Lord without busying myself with work or study. Surely on the 7th day I had this impression on I was going to do in the next few years. The Lord impresses upon me to teach His Word to reliable men and those who are able to teach others as well. When I look at my home denomination, the need to reach and impact the next generation is never greater.
Although on the surface many youths are still going to church but the quality of these youths compared with their parents and grandparents is hard to gauge. It is important to train the next generation to be leaders in the next 10 years or so. Young adults busy in their careers or raising young families need the guidance from their seniors to give priority to the things of God rather than the things of the world. The challenge to raise a new generation of leaders appear never to be greater. We should aim at those in their mid to late 20s and give them the training so that by their mid 30s they can really stand on their own feet spiritually speaking and able to lead others into God's kingdom and further strengthen those who have the desire to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment