Friday, December 6, 2013

Into the Interior of Borneo

When I told my wife that I am a home missionary she thought I simply did not fit the bill. Normally a missionary is someone sent to a far away land, but as an urban Malay-speaking Chinese preacher I have ministered among the indigenous peoples of Borneo for a quarter of a century. Tomorrow I shall be travelling to a village 2 hours from KK and will preach in a church over the weekend.
This will be my 6th or 7th visit to this church and the 2nd time since I went to Singapore. They have asked me to address why in recent times we are seeing more natural disasters and extreme weather and also the political situation in the Middle East. My church members have been visiting Israel since the government relaxed visa requirements. But I told them perhaps it's not time for me to visit for I would like to stay longer than 3 weeks and when the temple of God is rebuilt on top of Mount Zion, it will be a sign that the End is nigh and that the Word of the Lord shall go forth from Zion and His teaching from the house of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment