Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's Time for Revelation

I did not expect to get up before 5am this morning. I thought perhaps I should take it easy since it will be my last Semester. Why bother working hard? But I am reminded by the verse that it is unto the Lord our Master in heaven whom we serve rather than our earthly employers. Fulfilling a calling is not a job or a career. It is never about money though money is needed for everyone to survive. God has promised to provide for our needs and not our wants and if we live in simplicity and moderation, there is no excuse not to trust God and serve wherever He leads us to.
It's time for Revelation. I thank the Lord for this last opportunity to offer this course. I would have loved to do it as a Masters of Theology module and get into the Greek text of Revelation a bit more. I am not expecting all who turned up today will turn up next week. It will be difficult if they have not done any academic study before or do not know the Bible well. After 11 Semesters of teaching, I am more convinced than ever that students should take biblical studies more in their 3-year MDiv programme. I would not recommend to any Church Board or Council to hire any prospective pastor who has not done 2 or 3 NT books plus a couple OT books in their course of study. How else can they minister for the Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God (Eph 5) and that the church is built up by the Word of His grace (Acts 20)?

No comments:

Post a Comment