Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Year of the Horse

As the Year of the Horse is about to gallop to usher the Lunar New Year, I am reminded of the many good things the Lord has done in the first month of 2014 and in the past year. I had taught 4 weeks on the book of Revelation, reaching p. 66 of the textbook where I discussed Hebraic rhetorical devices in the past fortnight with last Tuesday's lectures focusing on chiasm and testing of a chiasm. For the first time in recent memory I have not preached for almost a whole month but my preaching season will begin this Sunday, at a CNY's service and this will commence another 10 weeks of non-stop preaching and teaching until 9th April. For the Chinese, the year of the Horse is one of the most auspicious years in the zodiac and I was reflecting on the meaning of the horse in biblical literature last Sunday in church.
I was worshipping the Lord Jesus, calling on Him to come - Come Lord Jesus come, maranatha! The vision of John's Revelation came to me in a sudden about the Lord's coming, on a white horse with many others rising on horses. The Lord is near. He is astride a horse holding its bridle, restraining him to go forward; once the bridle is released, the horse speeds forth and the end-time events will unfold even as John has prophesied.

No comments:

Post a Comment