Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's Finished!

My last sermon (a kind of farewell discourse) is finally done! It is about 1,450 words long (30 minutes with translation). I spent more than 3 months in reflection and study of the three passages given as set texts for the day. Yesterday, I started to put my thoughts on paper (computer) and today it took me another 2 hours to revise until I am satisfied with it.
Straight away I sent my draft sermon to the liturgist for he needs to get a feel of the message in order to select the songs and mood for the meeting. Tomorrow I will send it to my translator and she will have exactly 3 weeks to get the translation done. As it is my last Chapel sermon, I look forward to carrying my duties as a preacher just several weeks before the Semester ends and I bid good-bye to my colleagues and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment