Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sermonette & Sermon

Today my time was occupied in preparing a sermonette and discussing my forthcoming sermon with my Chinese interpreter. When I went to sleep last night, I did not know what to share with the College's staff at this morning's 9am devotions. I would usually speak for 10 or 12 minutes but today I spoke for 15 minutes since it would be my last time sharing with the staff. I thank the Lord that He is ever faithful, even as I reflected on the text of Isaiah 50:4a, "morning by morning he arouses my ear to hear." This morning at about 7:15am, I heard from the Lord and was pretty sure he wanted me to share from Eccle 7:15-22:

"In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these: a righteous man perishing in his righteousness, and a wicked man living long in his wickedness. 16 Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise-- why destroy yourself? 17 Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool-- why die before your time? 18 It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. The man who fears God will avoid all extremes. 19 Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city. 20 There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins. 21 Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your servant cursing you-- 22 for you know in your heart that many times you yourself have cursed others."

I felt the Spirit's presence strong, even 2 hours after the sharing. When one speaks the Word of God in the power of the Spirit, the anointing flows and the anointing abides. I had to relax by reading but by then the Wednesday Chapel started at 11:30am and meeting with my interpreter took up part of my afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment