Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Eagle Festival & Farewell

I was given two farewell cards, one yesterday by my Faculty colleagues and one today by a former student. Both cards have eagles printed in front. When I left my pastorate in 2008, the SIB Chinese congregation in KK also gave me a book about eagles. The other card has the caption, "Eagle Festival" in Mongolia where hunters use eagles as their hunting guides.

Fascinating to see the horsemen with eagles perched on their hands ready to fly off on their masters' bidding. Eagles are birds of prey even as the prophet Isaiah says, "Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it." (Isa 46:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment