Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Church Camp Melaka

I have just preached 5 long sessions in a Malacca Church Camp. Great turn out for a smallish church. 140 adults in all and the hall was packed. Great worship led by the youths. The theme was "will you be a woman/man after God's heart?" I preached on "God looks at the heart.", "David's exploits", "David's travails" and "David's leadership." There were three discussions after the two mornings and last night's sessions. We enjoyed late night fellowship poolside with tasty Melaka satays. Tonight we are having Peranakan dinner and I had durians for afternoon tea.
I am glad for this Church Camp coming after severe turbulence in my life. There were so many pressing concerns but the Lord sustained me through them all. From family, false brothers, outside pressure I was hard pressed from every side but the Lord delivered me out of all my fears and I could preach a direct and at times I sensed his anointing strong. There is one more preaching assignment after this and I will bring this season of ministry to an end and await the new phase with great expectations for those who know their God shall be strong and do great exploits (Daniel 11,32).

No comments:

Post a Comment