Saturday, June 21, 2014

Taking a Break is Biblical

I think one thing my Singaporean friends find hard to understand is why I am not in a hurry to get myself into another position of gainful employment (paid job). The reason is simple. It is biblical to take a break, especially after 6 years of non- stop work of teaching and preaching. A Labourer deserves his rest and sabbatical.
The 7th year sees the land lies fallow, unsown and unharvested. Things are left to grow on their own. If the land needs a rest, how much more human beings? Was not Adam created on the 6th day and rested on the 7th day before beginning work on the 8th day? What more in the 50th year, coming after the 7 × 7 years, the land is to rest 2 years, the usual sabbatical year and the year of Jubilee on top of that. So I am not in a hurry. I can wait and I will rest and by the grace of God whether it is after 1 year or 2 years, He will have something for me for I am not man's employee but a slave of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment