Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Glorious July

This has been a glorious July. I have turned 50, my first milestone of 2014. Nothing dramatic except that I have begun my Jubileeth year on sabbatical and expecting great things from God. I am staying in a new place and I am going to a new church. Everything is new as prophet Isaiah declares, remember not the former things behold I will do a new thing, before it comes to pass will you not know it? I have spent almost a month reading the Septuagint and everyday I am discovering new truths. This morning I read Zeph 3,4 (LXX) and it is said that the prophets are spirit bearers, not found in the Hebrew MT. The other mention of this word is found in Hosea 9,7 where the prophet is called a man of the Spirit or spiritual man. Could it be that Paul's teaching on prophets and spiritual men is influenced by Zeph 3,4 and Hosea 9,7? More on this in a later post. This has been a glorious July. My second sabbatical goal is to meet to fellow Christian brothers and have quality time with them.
I just had lunch with a lovely brother, a senior scholar who shared my love for FF. Bruce's writings and the Classics. Amazing guy, full of life experience and well-travelled. My third goal is get fitter and I am indeed doing more exercises though for past week I had not been playing basketball as I aggravated a sore knee. I need to accept that I am no longer in my late teens or early 20s when I could play ball for 2 hours non-stop from Monday to Friday. I was into many competitive sports in high school but now after 30 minutes of basketball I had to rest and take a break for 3 days. It has been a glorious July and everything is working out according to plan though I have only one plan. Last week on my birthday, I read Mark 11 where Jesus said, "whatever you pray and ask for, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." I have been praying this one prayer after the Lord's prayer in Gethsemane, "not my will, but thine be done, O Lord." I believed what I prayed for that whatever ministry I shall be engaging in the future, it will be the Lord's will for my life according to His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment