Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I am a Free Agent

Today I am a free agent. I will look ahead to the future with great expectations and hope. I expect God will do great things because he is a great God. We are called to be eagles, to soar high in the sky and not be bound on earth. We are to move with the wind of the Spirit and not follow the ways of the world. I remember what a participant of a recent Church Camp told me as he alighted from the bus after a 6-hour journey from Malacca. He said, "tomorrow we have to face reality."
For those without faith, life is harsh. They are constantly beset by worries and anxiety of making a living. That's why many of my friends were astonished that I did not try finding employment in the past 8 months. Their thinking is that one must move from one job to another. And most of these are well meaning Christians. But Jesus says, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." I know the truth of this command and promise in my past 28 years of working life. Even the few years of study were part of this life of faith, a life of adventure doing exploits for God, bearing much fruits to glorify the Fathet in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment