Saturday, August 30, 2014

Peace & Preaching


In the past few days, I have experienced great peace, a peace that surpasses understanding. Now coming to the end of 2 months of my sabbatical, I shall be preaching tomorrow, God willing. The invitation more than 1 month ago as I was attending a Preaching Conference and it happened that I chatted with 2 people from the church that I shall be preaching on Sunday. It will be my first sermon in 9 weeks, after conducting a Bible class last Sunday. Soon I will be heading back to Sabah and 4 more sermons await me, 2 in Ranau, near Mount Kinabalu, the highest peak in South East Asia of 13,455 ft. It will be the first time in 5 years since I last visited the area when I preached in the SIB Bible College's graduation service. No doubt many old friendships will be renewed and if time permits I shall drop by the College on the way back to KK. Mount Kinabalu was like Mount Zion to me, a place of revelation where I led several leadership Retreats and Church Camps during my years as pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment