Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sabbatical?

I think I might have to move away from Singapore if I truly want a sabbatical. I have been torn whether to return to ministry almost immediately. With me staying on in Singapore has proved a blessing in many ways but challenges are coming my way. When my friends know I am available, a few of them have taken upon themselves to help me find a new ministry. I have received emails asking whether I am interested in this or that ministry or unsolicited advice that I should speak to this or that church? Maybe in a couple of weeks' time I will decide what I really want to do.
If I want to take a long sabbatical I think I have to get away from Singapore to avoid distractions or being tempted to answer queries concerning openings in ministry here or there. But in church today, I read a leaflet as the church will be celebrating its Jubilee year (like me) and the verse falls on Leviticus 26,9-10, "I will turn to you, make you fruitful, multiply you, and maintain my covenant with you. You will still be eating stored produce from the previous year and will have to clean out what is stored from the previous year to make room for the new" (New English Translation). LORD, are you speaking to me? Your servant is ready to listen."

No comments:

Post a Comment