Saturday, September 27, 2014

Epilogue

I thought I was going to finish my book today. It's past 52,000 words and I am into my last chapter, the Epilogue. I have decided to leave out theological reflection and retain its narrative character throughout. I thought my chapter on my sojourn in Singapore would be brief but it came up 18 pages' long. Today I spent some time with my brother and his family and then dropped off some things for my dad in my other brother's place. How blessed if brothers dwell in unity as the Psalmist declares. How blessed is my father who has four sons, like arrows in the quiver and who dare to assail him?
Then from 1pm to 3.30pm my wife and I attended bazaar held in my church. The proceeds go to a building fund. Bazaars are fine, great for fellowship. I went from stall to stall, eating durians, pisang goreng, drank expresso coffee, ate mee soup and fellowship was delightful allround but as a fund-raising event I doubt it could achieve much.

No comments:

Post a Comment