Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Food Necessary for Today

Yesterday I got up later than usual and I was just starting to read my Bible at 6am when I heard my neighbour called out to me and told me that his car was broken into. So I went out to talk with him and offered support. As a result my morning devotions were interrupted and I continued reading at 8.30am. By then my sense of calm and peace were lost and I felt my mind could not focus on the Lord as I was still thinking about what my neighbours went through. I realized that even for a day if we don't feed on the Lord we will go hungry for the day and things are not going to be the same just like someone who works with an empty stomach. How important that we receive our spiritual nourishment daily and food necessary for our souls. "He who feeds on Me shall live by Me". Give us today our daily bread does not merely refer to material food but more so spiritual food. As bread or rice is necessary for our physical survival so is the Word of God for our souls even as Jesus says, "men shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." (Matt 4,4).

No comments:

Post a Comment