Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Peeling Pineapple

I received my first fruits on Sunday, a sack of rice and a pineapple from church members. It has been 35 years since I had peeled a pineapple. I watched a youtube how one person took less than 20 seconds to peel one pineapple and it took me 20 minutes to do half a pineapple and what a mess it was! It is not all beds and roses here despite new beds and coolish weather that help one sleeps soundly at night.
I had to draw water not from a well but purchase clean water from the town. I had to contend with cold showers when I am too lazy to boil water for bath. I had to throw rubbish in my pickup in the town's bin because there is no rubbish collection at my place. The previous pastor had to walk 20 mins to town but I drive. Well, it is only right that I suffer these inconveniences and little discomfort for the sake of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment