Sunday, January 25, 2015

Searching 4 Space

The last part of the church council's meeting was devoted to discussing enlarging the tent of meeting. We have reached full capacity in our current premises. An elder told me that more than 230 people crammed into the first service meant to sit at most 150 people. I can sense the people's discomfort as they had to sit shoulder to shoulder and they are not free to clap or raise their hands. Let alone calling them forward for prayers. My feet were leaned against the stage right in front and today I preached a powerful message on Acts 2,40 to 43 and Acts 6,1-7. I also conducted the Lord's communion for the first time in 7 years.
We need space and we need it urgently. Not a few have been turned away due to lack of space. I am going to spend the next few weeks praying for larger premises as I think we can easily reach 500 worshippers, now that on average 300 turned up for 2 services. An immediate and temporary solution could be to start a 3rd service. When I asked the young people whether they were interested in English service, 25 hands shot up without much cajoling. God is doing great things. The harvest is ripe and the reapers are ready to put in their sickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment