Tuesday, February 3, 2015

6 Years of NT & 6 Months of OT

I had the privilege of teaching NT studies for 6 years in my previous place of employment but hardly had I settled into my pastoral ministry in Ranau I was asked to teach Intro to the OT to first year B.Theol students. I am relishing the challenge to prepare notes in powerpoint for the weekly 3-hour lectures. I have the opportunity to read through the OT within 6 months.
Thankfully my local church supports my teaching ministry and I could spend Mondays and half of Tuesday for lecture preparation. I go to the College every Thursday to teach. The College has a number of visiting lecturers. One Korean lady teaches Hebrew and she takes a bus from Kota Kinabalu at 5.30am in order to get to College by 8.30am. Then she takes a bus back to KK in the afternoon. I am not sure I have the energy to do that if I were based in KK and denomination leadership wisely put me in Ranau, a mere 20mins drive to the College.

No comments:

Post a Comment