Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Leadership as Shepherding

Everytime I thought of giving up, I would come across a verse or chapter in the Bible that gives me new hope. Yesterday I read about David in Psalm 78 and how he shepherded God's people with a skillful hands and integrity of heart. This morning I read Ezek 34 and again David is mentioned as a future shepherd and prince of Israel whom God will use to feed his flock. These passages encourage me to keep up with what I am doing and not to think of doing less in view of near physical exhaustion because God is able to grant more grace and strength so that I can say that I will rise and feed the Lord's people in His majesty and with his strength.
I need to keep track of the list of the sermons I preached, probably number more than 20, not counting short devotions during prayer meetings and business meetings of the church. Now that I am back in KK for Lunar New Year, I have a few days to recoup and recharge for the tasks ahead. Once I get back this Saturday, I will have to preach once on Sunday and we have two AGMs for women's and men's fellowships afternoon and night. I will then prepare for the church's AGM on 15th March and lead a series of meetings on the 1st and then prayer and fasting on the 8th March. In between, I will make a day trip back to KK to preach at a revival meeting for the Prayer & Intercession Conference on the 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment