Friday, February 20, 2015

No Place I'd Rather Be

When I crossed from KK to Ranau District at Bundu Tuhan, 21kms from Ranau township I had a sense of peace and joy that there would be no other place I'd rather be but in Ranau. I cried to the Lord on top of my voice, reaching 5,000 ft above sea level just as I was passing by Mount Kinabalu entrance and sped along to Ranau. I got there just after 11am and when I reached home, 7 or 8 people were working on the church site and one greeted me and wished me happy Lunar New Year. I chatted with the foreman and asked whether they had a holiday yesterday. He said no but they would rest on Sunday as the church (I objected to them working 7 days a week) had instructed. This is one of the few Chinese New Year seasons that I had a complete break, more for rest and restoration of the soul, Lord you lead me beside still waters, you restore my soul, yea, you restoreth my soul. My powerful pickup took me 1 hour and 40 mins' drive instead of the usual 2 hours and it was still taxing and energy sapping as one winds up Mount Kinabalu for almost 90 mins and a steep descent to Ranau for another 20 kms. When I saw how the builders worked hard, coming back to Ranau a day earlier than planned was little sacrifice, I, a builder of the Lord's house in the Spirit. Lord, I will not give sleep to my eyelids until I find a dwelling for thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment