Thursday, May 7, 2015

OT 1 Class Ends

Today marks the end of my OT 1 class. As per my routine after preaching last night in our mid-week meeting, I travelled early to College and taught my final class on the Writings, the Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs and Job. All that in just under 3 hours. I thoroughly enjoyed that and with a lot of preparation I managed to get what I wanted across within the time given. Sadly, during the chat between breaks, I got the impression that students struggled even to read the biblical text let alone books, monographs and commentaries. So much for a theological education if one neglects the Bible.
That's why I am in no hurry to get back to full time teaching in a College unless I find one that puts emphasis on biblical studies as well as the languages. But overall, it has been a pleasant experience teaching first year students, hoping to lay foundations for further biblical studies. At least for next few weeks I don't have to get up early in the morning to drive to College. I will put my head down to settle a few things in my own church. A lot was discussed during the Retreat and I have to start implementing some of the decisions taken including a new order of worship next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment