Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Lord is my Shepherd

I preached from Psalm 23 and John 10,1-5 this morning. For a peace offering that I cancelled the plan to start an English service, I sang a song in English from Psalm 23 the Lord is my Shepherd which I composed based on the lyrics from KJV. It was the climax of my 2-week ministry since my speaking engagement at a Men's Conference in KK. It felt like 2 months' work with its intensity never letting up. Yesterday we had a 7-hour long AGM from 9am to 4pm.
As we were the hosts for the meeting, I had to stay on until almost everyone had left except two people helping to tidy up and arrange the chairs for this morning's services. Straight after the AGM, I went home for a rest and immediately prepared a message for a birthday celebration in one of the leaders' homes. It was surreal in a way, in friendly surroundings after a day of debates during the AGM though it was conducted in an amicable manner at all times.

At the birthday celebrations, I preached from Psalm 26 about walking in integrity as testified in the words of David. When surrounded by ungodly and unscrupulous people that can butter you up but hidden in their hearts are drawn swords it is difficult to hold on to our integrity and not walk in the ways of the wicked and deceitful. Lord I have lived before You in integrity; do not forsake me when my enemies surround me at every turn. I thank God that I could preach a 20 minute sermon after a long day of church business without being affected by the events of the day. Those who heard the message were blessed and I left home at 9pm and went to bed early.

I got up feeling totally refreshed as if new, a new man Lord You have made me. It was 4.30am and I had 2 hours' sweet communion with the Lord by reading a large part of Psalm 119 meditatively. I marked many parts and at the side I saw several old markings dated 16th March 1988, some 27 years ago. Lord, how can I count the blessings I have had from Psalm 119, Princes sat plotting against me but Your statutes are my meditation. Before dawn I arose and cried out unto You, Lord, I thank You because I could preach once more in the power of Your Holy Spirit for indeed You have set a table for me before my enemies and You have anointed my head with oil, my cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment