Monday, November 30, 2015

Pastor's Prayer: Tithes & Offerings

Yesterday the elder after his sermon asked me to pray for the offering that was about to be given unto the Lord. It is rare that I prayed before the offering, usually the church treasurer would do that. So I prayed and thanked the Lord for his goodness and blessings on the church and that we were about to give a portion that belonged to Him. I included the words "tithes and offerings" as our denomination's tradition is that members give their 10%. Obviously I have held based on Matthew 5,20 that we should give more than tithes as our righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees. Within hours a faithful deacon who has charge of counting and banking the money messaged me and told me the amount. I normally do not seek out to know the church's income except during finance meetings. So it was nice the deacon kept me informed. Praise be to the Lord. The tithe has increased and the offering has increased and the income for November exceeded all the previous months. We still have December but the balance sheet is looking healthy indeed. I will push for an assistant pastor and more funds for mission local and overseas. We must be a blessing to the nations not just within our backyard but our Samarias and the ends of the earth. Perhaps it was just a coincidence that I prayed and the offerings increased significantly. Perhaps there is a cause and effect in the pastor's prayers for the church. More prayers more blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment