Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sunday Survival

I have survived another Sunday. Early rising during the weekend took its toll and I slept through Monday afternoon. Later my wife showed me the box of books from New Zealand. The postman knocked on our door when I was sound asleep. Indeed the Lord prepares for his beloved in his sleep. The weekend was tougher than most weekends as I met with several committees on Saturday to get ready for next year's programme. On Sunday I preached once, then attended two meetings in the afternoon and at night. I preached from Matt 7,21-23 nearing the climax of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount but mainly focused on what it meant to do the will of the Father. "Not everyone who calls me Lord Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of My Father in heaven".


The Lord anointed me afresh and many church members heard the mind and heart of the Lord. The elder who preached in the 2nd service made several remarks and asked the questions why I chose to become pastor and why I served in the largely indigenous church. He told the congregation that he used to worship in another church many years back and the pastor was Chinese ministering to the Chinese. Obviously, it is rare in this part of the world that one ministers across cultures. But the elder answered his own questions. He said it was because God's calling in my life and not my own will or desire. In the first service an elderly widow spoke to me again. She asked for prayers but for a second time she asked me not to go anywhere else. I had not given hint at all of my future plans. My immediate plans are to prepare for a series of Christmas messages. I think I have at least 10 or 11 speaking engagements over Christmas. First, this Saturday in Nahaba, Kota Belud. Then, 5th Dec in Badukan, Ranau. On 18th afternoon, in Kologon, Ranau followed by a night meeting in Kg. Gana Gana. Then I will go down to KK for two meetings on 19th Dec in SIB Kalansanan, then on Sunday morning in SIB Inanam. After that I head back to Ranau for our Women's Fellowship Christmas on 22nd December and our church's 3 services on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and the final Christmas evening service preceded by Christmas dinner for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment