Thursday, December 3, 2015

Dawn Ride in the City

I'd gotten used to sleeping early and rising early. I went past a mosque and saw about 10 worshippers inside at 5.20am. How nice to have a dawn prayer meeting 6am to 7am. I drove to the city centre offering quiet prayers. A few coffee shops are opened and I stopped at one to enjoy my tea and taufu while reading my NT with Psalms. My eyes fell on the text, "put to death whatever in you is worldly: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desire..." (Col 3,5). Oftentimes it is most difficult to rid of things deep within, the lusts of the mind and the lusts of the flesh. Whatever it is as Paul says elsewhere the Spirit wars against the flesh and the flesh against the Spirit and it will be so until this body puts off its tent or kingdom comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment