Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas to All


Last night my sermon fell flat. I preached for 40 mins on Yesus, Melchisedek based on Gen 14 and Heb 7,1-3. I felt more disappointed as it was a full house and there were many new people. A family I visited yesterday at noon came in force with about 15 adults and children. My son commented that they repaid the pastor's kindness in coming to church. In a way without denying the role of others, the pastor is probably the main factor whether the church feels at peace and whether people feel accepted as part of the church family. Today's Christmas service was even more packed.
The whole stairs outside was filled with seats. I preached a shorter message on King of Righteousness, King of Peace with my main text from Isaiah 32,14, the effect of righteousness is peace. I spoke about the three individuals chosen by God to bring about the Christmas story. All three are said to be righteous. Joseph was a righteous man (Mat 1,14). Zechariah and Elizabeth were said to be righteous, keeping the ordinances and commandments of the Lord (Luke 1,6). I also spoke why Melchisedek was said to be first the King of Righteousness then the King of Salem, king of Peace. For without righteousness there is no peace as the Scripture says, there is no peace for the wicked, saith the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment