Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Enemies Everywhere

Korea,  here I come. If the Lord wills, I will be heading to Seoul this July, straight after my term expires at College. I shall be attending the International Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature from 3rd to 7th July and also the Society of Asian Biblical Studies meet a day earlier.  I hope to spend a couple of days in Seoul after the Congress to see for myself the beauty of Korea. If accepted, I will present a paper on the Psalms, "Enemies Everywhere: The Psalmist's Struggle for Survival".
I hope to spend a whole week in March during the Semester break to write up the paper in full though the idea for the topic was already conceived in my final year in Singapore. If accomplished that would be my 7th paper, making up a collection of essays commenced a decade ago when I presented my first paper after my PhD in Peking University. How times pass, and another year brings another paper and I hope a book will soon come to fruition, by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment