Sunday, March 20, 2016

It's Time to Go

It's not sunk in. I have just started to pack. In less than a week's time I have to pack all my things and move them to another place. Officially I could leave by 1st April but with the Good Friday weekend elsewhere I have about 7 days to do all I need to do and move on. It's tough staying on in the church house after my last Sunday preaching in church 2 weeks ago. One is still very much attached to things. This morning I could have gone back to my old church but decided against it. Formally I am still senior pastor but now on leave. I need to move on and move out while the church needs to move on without me.
But emotionally it is not easy as the church has been my life for the past 15 months. I practically run the 5 weekly church meetings, yea make it 6 as I attend the Saturday rehearsals as well. Suddenly all these have come to a stop. I have lost my family. I have lost my friends. Like David hunted by his pursuer,  David lamented that he had been driven from the Lord's presence. At least to sooth wounded hearts, I have been wounded in the house of my friends, the Lord has arranged four consecutive meetings in the next several weeks. That would make me at least not too fond of the past ties and give space and time for healing of hearts and forgetting of sorrows and pains for there is a time for every purpose under heaven. What God designs, no man can say, "Why do You do thus?" I am still searching for the Lord's habitation, his dwelling place among hearts who truly seek and love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment