Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Breaker will Break Through (Micah 2:13)

Lord You number my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle (Psalms 56:8 NKJV). The Lord knows exactly where I am and how I feel. How often I have wandered from one place to another in the space of 18 months. How often I have shed the tears of joy because the love of God is shed abroad my heart by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5). One day the righteous will stand before You and rejoice for they will have arrived home and wander no more.
Yesterday I preached a Spirit-filled message from Micah 2:13 about those called to be breakers. Pioneers, breakers that will break through the line of battle, take the battle to the enemy and win it for the glory of God, the captain of the hosts. Breakers that will go where none has gone before; breakers that will do what none has done before. I shared how in Matthew 25:15, the king gave talents according to their abilities. God who has created us knows our frail and lowly frames; we are but dust and any good in us is simply the work of His grace and not from ourselves. Even our innate abilities and natural talents so-called are the handiwork of God in our lives before we were born, we are called by His Name and He made us according to his pleasure and for his great glory.

I also shared from 1 Cor 12:28 that leadership is also a gift; in fact the word, "administrator" is a hapaxlegemenon, someone who steers the ship or pilot, the captain of the ship who is in charge and determines its direction and purpose. As yesterday was our first service after the Labour Weekend holiday we held a brief but meaningful ceremony to honour the work of the lecturers and staff. At the end, the College's treasurer presented me a gift like the rest and we broke for revision week with joy and gladness.

No comments:

Post a Comment