Saturday, July 16, 2016

Time in the Middle of the Month

We are truly into the 2nd half of the year, more than half of July is gone. I am in the 5th day of my self enforced break from active ministry. After returning from College with my books last Monday, I rested fully for 3 days before rousing yesterday to begin planning and praying for my future. I read an old post titled 9 months and 9 days and I did not realize that my term of service had taken 18 months and 9 days until 9th July 2016 when I returned from Korea where I presented two papers in an International meeting of the SBL. Time doubled in no time and I shall be writing my last chapter of my book "Ranau & Namaus". I have already reached 70,000 words but perhaps because of the significance of these past 18 months my book will reach 100,000 words.
Fingers crossed as I begin today and see whether I can get it done by the end of the month. And hopefully get it published before year's end. I need to get two Malay interlocutors to translate my book into the national language for the wider reading public. Yesterday a student asked me about end times and I have conducted 12 or 13 seminars on Revelation and it could be about time I write a serious but not too academic book on the subject of the end time.  Counting days brings us a heart of wisdom says the Psalmist and those who make use of every opportune time will bear much fruits for the glory of God the Father through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment