Monday, July 25, 2016

Youth Renewed like the Eagle's (Psalm 103:5)

The Lord satisfies your mouth with good things; so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's (Psalm 103:5). I give thanks to You Lord that You have fed me with good things and that my youth is renewed like the eagle's. In terms of energy level, I can testify that I do not feel anything less than what I had 10 or 15 years ago. In fact, I feel more energetic than ever. For the first time in my working life of nearly 3 decades, I held two jobs for 3 months early this year. How did I manage that unless it was the Lord who granted me strength, renewed youth and good health?
I was on a diet of canteen or hostel food and I could not be happier because of the fellowship I enjoyed with the students. This year was different from last year. When I started in Ranau last year, I struggled with my health for 3 months - perhaps a change of weather and environment and being allergic to dust and pollen and staying in a totally different house than what I used to in Kota Kinabalu. But 2016 could not have been better. Praise God for good health...He has redeemed my life from destruction and crowned me with lovingkindness and tender mercies (Ps 103:4) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever (Ps 23). Speaking of dwelling in God's house, for sure I miss my former place of ministry or places of ministry in my Ranau church and in College but now I am back with my home church, with close friends and strong supporters. Yesterday, at least 5 members whispered to me that they wished that I would be back as pastor of the church. But I am enjoying my time serving the Lord. Oftentimes when people think serving the Lord means some gainful employment with a Christian organization or being busy with people, but serving the Lord means just that - serving the Lord. On Saturday I spent 5 hours from 3.30am to 8.30am with the Lord, praising and worshipping him for 2 hours, praying for an hour or so, and reading the Bible for 2 hours in the Lord. The Lord is served by our love for Him and the most precious thing to the Lord is our fellowship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment