Friday, October 21, 2016

Itinerant Preaching

I did not think that I was going to preach during the month of October except for my Chapel service last Sunday but this Sunday will be my third time mounting the pulpit in three different places. Basically the month of October is a month of rest before the hectic preaching schedule at the end of the year. November is the month where a number of churches hold pre-Christmas services pra Natal and the whole of December is taken up for Christmas services. Since this is my first year away as a church pastor and I am at liberty to accept invitations I thought I better make use of the opportunity kairos given lest next year 2017 Christmas I might choose to do something entirely different from preaching.
The thought of visiting my son end of 2017 has certainly crossed my mind but that is still too far ahead to make any concrete plans. But I brace myself for travelling and more travelling into the interior of Borneo, starting first weekend of November in Kemabong, some 3.5 hours from Namaus and Mendolong mid November some 4 hours from KK. My car has been put into good use but to keep it in tip top condition is quite an effort and costly. But I have witnessed God working in the hearts of his people through my preaching of His Word by the power of the Holy Spirit. I need to preach not least because of Christ's command that one preaches in season and out of season not when one feels like preaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment