Saturday, December 3, 2016

On the Go

I am preparing for travel at noon. Tonight there will be another Christmas meeting in Sipitang, some 3 hours' drive from Kota Kinabalu. Only 2 weeks ago, I stopped at the town on the way to Mendolong another hour's drive away. It will be nearer this time but 150kms on Sabah's roads are taxing nonetheless. The thought that it is for the gospel's sake where in almost every message there is the gospel preached in a nutshell. I can't assume third and fourth generation all know the Lord in a personal manner and many still need to experience the new birth. I asked the youths in Nahaba 3 days ago whether they have experienced life outside of Christ and none raised their hands. Almost 100% are brought up in Christian/SIB families with Sunday school then youth activities until they become adults and start their own families. It was great to meet with several of these youths leaders now in their mid-30s. One told me he met me at SIB Terintidon and another in SIB Tempasuk when they were in secondary schools.
For me, that was 20 years ago and it will be my second time round visiting these churches. Most youths today were not even born then and I need to re-connect with them once more. I doubt I will do it again in 20 years' down to the road though in jest I told one of my fellow workers that I planned and prayed to be like Moses that in his 120 years old he was still as strong as he was in his 80 years when God called him to be the deliverer of Israel. Thankfully, this trip is only an overnight trip with tonight's and tomorrow's Sunday services. Preaching twice is ideal when one has to drive and travel. But for Jesus' sake, as He has commanded - "Go - make disciples of all nations". Last Wednesday I was making disciples among the Dusuns and this weekend I shall be among the Lundayehs (Sabah) or Lumbawangs (Sarawak).

No comments:

Post a Comment