Saturday, June 24, 2017

Other Sheep

For the first time for a long long time I served my own denomination's major events twice in a month. But it is good to know that there are other sheep across the paddock. I am reminded that when I was in Dunedin studying for my PhD my neighbour literally kept a couple of sheep to chew on the grass and keep the backyard tidy.
My ministry in Sabah focuses mainly on Malay-speaking churches within my own flock but there are many other Bahasa speaking churches elsewhere. So it is good that once a while to fellowship with other Christians and listen and learn from their experience and walk with God. It is refreshing to see other people are also serving the Lord and although one may call them the other sheep but we are one flock with Jesus Christ our chief shepherd. In the past three years I only used English twice in speaking to a Full Gospel Business men group. Whilst in Singapore my Malay was rarely used but in Sabah the reverse is true. I pray to the Lord that by 2018 or 2019 the Lord will open doors for a wider ministry using both Malay and English locally and overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment