Monday, June 26, 2017

Sandakan Sunrise

I am on my final leg of my trip to Sandakan having preached yesterday morning and conducted two sessions on Church Growth last night. There are three more sessions this morning and I fly back to KK later in the afternoon. It has been a tiring but yet relaxing trip thanks to the hospitality of the hosting church that accommodated me in one of the top hotels in Sandakan at the sea side with a stunning view of the Sulu Sea from my 21st floor room and breakfast by the sea has a soothing effect to the body and soul.
I was glad that about 80 people turned up on a Sunday night for two long teaching sessions lasting until 10pm. Sandakan is my hometown and I had a chance to visit my mother and took some of my photographs and memorabalia which my late father had kept for us since we were little. My youngest brother had already visited the family home in April and I am not sure if I will have another chance to see my childhood home with many fond memories of my late grandma and father. This is my third visit to Sandakan for ministry in 13 months so it has proved to be a fruitful place in the Lord's field.

No comments:

Post a Comment