Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Singing Again

I experienced a revival of sorts this morning. One of my final year students asked me to sing the Greek song which I sang last year. So I duly obliged and sang two songs instead of one after the tea break into our third and final session. Last year my time as Acting Principal was characterised with singing. There was more lively singing in the Chapel services so I was told and I performed several songs in our special services throughout the year and sang the Greek song in my Greek class.
But this year I had not sung much in fact I had not presented any at all in any services nor sang in my classes. O Lord come away with me...lo the winter of my soul has past, the rain is over and gone...the flowers appear on the earth and the time of singing has come (Song of Songs 2:10-12).

No comments:

Post a Comment