Monday, November 6, 2017

Come Holy Spirit Fall on Me Now

I sang this song as preparation for my preaching on the 2nd night in Labuan and I felt the anointing strong. I managed to preach 3 sessions on John 17. The first session from 17:1-10; 2nd session from vv 11-21; and the third and final session from 17:21-26. At the end of the Sunday service as we stood I made an altar call and about 50 or 60 people came forward to the front. For the first time in 3 years I had preached to a crowd of over 600 people from three local SIB churches in Labuan.
It had been quite a while since I preached to a crowd of 500 and above. More than three years ago I preached to a congregation of about 400 at the College's graduation in a Ranau church, the same day I received my appointment as pastor of another Ranau church. The crowds in Ranau and several districts have been small except for a couple of occasions last Christmas where I preached to crowds of over 500 in Mendolong and Sipitang. In Labuan the call was made from John 17:4 where Jesus said I have glorified Your name by completing Your work on earth. I challenged those in attendance whether their lives are honouring or glorifying God and whether they are working for God and doing God's work. So I challenged them to know God's will in their lives and pursued it as their one and sole ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment