Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Ongoing Commentary

After just over 5 days I have finished commenting on John 1 all 51 verses in 25 pages of 8,500 words. It is reasonable progress but I realised that writing a full commentary is no 2-month work. I needed needed to comment on almost everything including names of places, history, OT background, politics and social backgrounds of the narrative.
But I am not deterred or discouraged because I have gone past 8,500 words and chapter two would be smoother but I have to hasten if I want to meet my target that by the beginning of the new academic year I shall be using my first complete draft to lecture on the Gospel of John on 2nd year students. I very much looking forward to it as it will be the first time that I will using a draft book instead of brief notes and PowerPoint as I had done previously. We will how the class responds to the draft commentary. Now I average 5 hours a day writing and and I may have to add a couple more of writing time if I have any chance of meeting my target.

No comments:

Post a Comment