Monday, December 11, 2017

Fishers of Men

We got home just after 6pm after driven more than 4 hours from Pitas to Kota Kinabalu. We only made one stop in Kota Marudu where I had a coffee. Pitas is a town north of Sabah located at the right ear of the Sabah map. Kudat is north at the other ear, or left ear. Pitas is famous for its ikan bilis as it is closed to the sea all round. To the left is South China Sea and to the right Sulu Sea along the North East Coast road all the way to Sandakan in the East. Preaching over 3 days was bearable but yesterday was exhausting as after Saturday night service that went past 11pm with nearly one hour of fellowship and getting up early to prepare for the Sunday morning message. And with another hour long conversation just before 2pm we made our way back to Kota Kinabalu. I was filled with joy at the work of the Lord's hands.
Saturday's night message was especially poignant about spiritual warfare and I spoke at length how we should engage in prayers so that we can win any warfare fought against us by the dragon and his angels. So often the devil hindered us from doing God's will. It took Daniel 3 weeks of praying and fasting before angel Gabriel broke through the war in heaven (Daniel 10). I spoke about the key verse 12:10 in Revelation and also how we overcome Satan by the word of our testimony. We should never be ashamed to share Christ with others because that is what or who they need, not some temporary relief but Jesus Christ, the bread of life and whoever who eats this bread shall never hunger but have everlasting life (John 6:35). Pointedly I was given a box full of ikan bilis and my wife's express wish to buy some was fulfilled. That box-full will last us for at least 3 months. I felt I had caught many fish as almost the whole audience came forward to be prayed for. I asked the lady pastor to pray for the women who came up and I prayed for the men and it took us more than 15 minutes. Even the District Superintendent was moved and he also asked me to lay hands on him and prayed for him and his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment