Friday, December 15, 2017

Pitas Preaching

It was double blessings for me as within 72 hours I found myself back in Pitas again this time preaching in an event organised by the government’s District Office and inter church committee. I knew that driving 7 hours back and forth for a 30 min sermon might not be worth the while but I was mighty pleased that I took up the challenge. I was motivated by the fact that politicians, government servants and officials needed to hear the Word of God. Plus the fact other churches besides SIB would be present and it is always good to preach to other sheep instead of just to your own flock.
My SIB family in Pitas extended great hospitality and my wife and I were made to feel welcomed. After the service there was an open house dinner held at the same venue in the new community hall just across the DO’s office. It was a beautiful hall that could seat 1,500 people if packed and the air conditioning was superb. I preached on the theme “Christmas brings change” and I spoke about three changes. First God who is unchanging or unchangeable in his sovereignty undergone change because the Word who was God became man. Second, the change of the new birth where the flesh gives birth to flesh but the Spirit gives birth to spirit (John 3:6). Third, lifestyle change when we forsake wickedness and worldly desires and live wisely justly and in godliness (Titus 2:11). I was encouraged by the response. Before reaching Pitas we stopped over in Kota Marudu and met a pastor whose son attended last weekend’s ministry in Pekan Pitas. If a form four student could appreciate my sermons I must be doing something right by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment