Sunday, February 18, 2018

Family Reunion

This year it is especially joyful over the Lunar New Year. Perhaps last year at the recent passing away of my father the mood was still sombre. But with an addition to the Siew family with my niece who is now 7 months old we are all rather contented. My youngest brother is returning to Australia for the son’s education and his daughter is going to England for her A levels. Whatever one can say of the Chinese as a race is that culturally we try to improve our lives generation by generation. My parents were not tertiary educated but they saw to it that all their four sons are thus. We expect our children in their generation do better but certainly not worse.
As for me I pray that my only son will follow in his father’s footsteps and become a pastor one day. It is still early days so even in his mid 30s should the Lord call it is never too late. The Lord is calling “what are you seeking?” And for those who respond accordingly he issues the invitation to “come and see” but who can see but he who is born again for unless one is born anew he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3). Without Christ I see my brothers focusing on their own families, their children but Jesus says unless you hate your father and mother and brothers you cannot be my disciples. Alas how many are prepared to folllow Christ? For many are called but few are chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment